DUGUALLA COMMUNITY, INC. BOARD MEETING MINUTES 8/18/21
In Attendance: Larry Caton, Clint Christensen, Steve Hucke, Danny Kaiser, Nadia Kent, Susan Schopf
Absent: Joseph Bock, Shawn Albert, Mike Legere, Greig Haberman,
Guests: Jerry Schopf, Mickie Hucke
A.The meeting at the clubhouse was called to order at 6:00 PM by President Steve Hucke
B.Minutes from 7/21/21 were approved.
C.Public Comments: None
D.Treasurer’s Report: Clint Christiansen - See attached report.
1.Bank balance as of August 18 is $446,023.79 savings account, $390,242.70 money market account, $55,781.09 checking account. See attached report.
2.DCI attorney has been successful in collecting delinquent accounts. Only one remaining in delinquent status.
E. OLD BUSINESS
1. Follow up on Coffman Engineering, Seattle WA- Larry Caton advised waiting to begin work on water system repairs/upgrades due to skyrocketing costs currently. A report
will be prepared topresent at the annual meeting. Volunteers will be asked to
head this community project. Aproject manager is needed, may need to hire
one. Larry will ask Coffman Engineering forrecommendations. Grants from Washington State will be investigated.
2. Contract with previous pest control company was canceled. Absolute Pest Control will start
3. Clubhouse - No Report.
4. DCI Annual Meeting is September 18 at 3 PM.
a.Nadia Kent said food vendor arrangements are complete.
b.Band “Quarter Past 8” will be paid $400 with the other two band members who donating their time.
5. The safe in the community storage building next to the clubhouse has finally been opened by Steve Hucke. Steve reported that the safe contains important papers regarding the incorporation of Dugualla Community.
F. NEW BUSINESS
1. Steve Hucke presented a contract proposal from King Water and led a discussion on contracting with King Water to provide meter reading, billing and accounting, and
delinquentaccounts services for DCI. King Water provides these same or similar
services for a number ofcommunities on North Whidbey. The current
relationship with Jones Accounting would beended and the services of an attorney
would not be needed for delinquent accounts. ClintChristiansen moved to sign a
contract for these services, Danny Kaiser seconded and the votewas unanimous.
2.Steve Hucke further asked the board to consider directing King Water to read the 209 water meters in the community quarterly. Average homeowner water usage is 60,000 gallons
per year.It was suggested a flat rate for water usage would be charged for up to 60K gallons, then
a higherrate for up to 100K gallons and another higher rate for anything over 100K gallons.
There aresome property owners with extremely high water usage which may
indicate a leaking water pipeon their property. Danny Kaiser moved to direct King Water to provide
this service for DCI, NadiaKent seconded and the vote was unanimous.
3.An accounting service will continue to be needed for the annual audit and filing taxes.
G.Adjournment: 7:15 PMNext Meeting: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 6 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Susan Schopf, Board Secretary